T8490 Digital Room Thermostat with Humidity Control
The T8490 digital room thermostat serves a variety of commercial and residential HVAC applications; including packaged and split systems, gas and electric forced air systems, heat pumps and radiant heat. This flexible, multi-use thermostat supports up to four heating and two cooling stages. It can be independently programmed for each day (7-Day), for weekdays plus Saturday and Sunday (5/1/1), or for the same schedule every day (1-Day). It can also operate with no programmed schedule. The thermostat establishes separate setpoints for heating and cooling. Administrative settings can limit these setpoints to prudent minimum and maximum levels to ensure energy policy compliance.
- Up to Four Heating and Two Cooling Stages—Saves time and effort by standardizing operating procedures and minimizing inventory with this one flexible thermostat.
- Programmable (7-Day, 5/1/1, or 1-Day) Occupancy Schedule with up to Three Occupied Periods Each Day—Reduces operating expenses by controlling the room based on occupant schedules.
- Humidity Sensor—Enables the device to control humidification, dehumidification, and reheat equipment.
- Configurable Alerts—Send messages to the digital room thermostat when certain conditions occur, such as equipment runtime and service alerts for filters, UV lamps, and humidifiers.
- Keypad Lockout—Enforces setpoint energy policies by preventing tampering with the digital room thermostat settings in public spaces.
- Multilingual Display Options—Provides a user interface in English, French, or Spanish.
- Skyport Cloud Services (with Accessory Wi-Fi Module Sold Separately)— An accessory Wi-Fi module is available to plug into the T8490 thermostat to enable Skyport™ Cloud Services. This enables programming and configuration directly from the room thermostat or remotely from a mobile device or computer. This also allows for Automated Demand Response (ADR) signals from the local utility company. The T8490 complies with California Building Code, Title 24, Joint Appendix 5 (JA5) for Occupant Controlled Smart Thermostats (OCST).
Johnson Controls supports and sponsors thermostat recycling programs in the U.S. and Canada. We are a member of the Thermostat Recycling Corporation (TRC), a not-for profit organization that facilites the collection and proper disposal of mercury-containing thermostats in the United States. TRC maintains a network of more than 3,400 collection sites nationwide. To find a collection point in your area, go to thermostat-recycle.org and enter your zip code.
Contact Us For More Information on HVAC Controls