The A419 series controls are single-stage, electronic temperature controls with a Single Pole, Double Throw output relay. They feature a lockable front-panel touchpad for setup and adjustment, and a Liquid Crystal Display for viewing the temperature and status of other functions. A Light-Emitting Diode indicates the controls’ output relay (On/Off) status. The A419 controls are available in 24 VAC or 120/240 VAC models. The A419 controls have heating and cooling modes, adjustable setpoint and differential, an adjustable anti-short cycle delay, and a temperature offset (setback) function. The setpoint range is -30 to 212°F (-34 to 100°C). The controls feature remote sensing capability and interchangeable sensors. The A419 controls are available in either NEMA 1, high-impact plastic enclosure suitable for surface or DIN rail mounting or NEMA 4X Watertight surface-mount enclosures.
- Easy-to-read LCD displays the sensed temperature and control-function status clearly and custom icons on the display indicate the control and system status at a glance.
- The 30° (F° or C°) temperature differential adjustment range allows precise (1F° or C°) temperature differential settings that are much tighter than electromechanical controls.
- The Adjustable Anti-Short Cycle Delay (0 to 12 Minutes in 1-Minute Increments) ensures that the output relay remains off for a user-set time delay, and helps avoid hard starts, nuisance overload outages, and unnecessary equipment wear.
- The Temperature Offset Function shifts the cut-in and cut-in setpoints by an adjustable offset when a user-installed, external switch closes the A419 control’s binary input circuit.
- The high-impact thermoplastic type NEMA 1 allows surface or snap-fit DIN rail mount; the Noryl® high-impact thermoplastic type NEMA 4X enclosures allow watertight surface mount.
- Lockable front-panel touchpad allows easy set up and adjustment of the A419 control setpoint, differential, and other functions; a concealed jumper locks the touchpad, and deters unauthorized adjustment of the control settings.
- Low and line-voltage models provides options for almost any refrigeration or HVAC control-voltage application.
The A419 can be used to control a wide variety of single-stage refrigeration or HVAC equipment. Typical applications include:
- Freezer control in convenience stores
- Reach-in coolers
- Supermarket display cases for produce or meats
- Restaurant or convenience store walk-in coolers
- Boiler control
- Compressor lockout (disables the copressor when temperature exceeds limits)
- Condenser fan cycling
- Pump control for cooling towers
- Space and return air temperature