YORK® YVAA Chiller Now Offers Capacity up to 350 Tons
The air-cooled, variable-speed, screw chiller is quieter, more efficient and offers greater sustainability
The YORK® model YVAA air-cooled, variable-speed, screw chiller now has a capacity up to 350 tons, which means larger facilities can take advantage of the industry’s highest energy efficiency ratio (EER), along with superior sound performance and LEED® certification points.
The YVAA chiller’s energy performance can exceed that of older chillers by as much as 50 percent, and competitive chillers by up to 25 percent. Lower energy consumption also means lower greenhouse gas emissions from the power plant. Specific benefits include:
- Offering flexible energy consumption, the YVAA chiller can be configured to offer design efficiency up to 11.6 EER, and an integrated part load value (IPLV) up to 19.8 EER.
- The chiller uses HFC-134a refrigerant, which has no phase-out date and an ozone-depletion potential of zero.
- Fewer joints and potential leak points keep the refrigerant inside the chiller.
- A proprietary falling-film evaporator and advanced microchannel condenser coil reduce the refrigerant charge by as much as 15 percent.
- Installation of the YVAA chiller gives building owners the opportunity to earn points in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) green-building certification programs.
The YVAA chiller offers a variety of sound-attenuation options, including a unique SilentNight™ feature, which works with a building automation system (or programmable control) to load-limit the chiller when noise reduction is desired. When optimizd for sound performance, the YVAA chiller can reduce ambient noise by as much as 16 dBA at off-design conditions.
Since Johnson Controls introduced the industry’s first air-cooled, variable-speed, screw chiller in 2004, the YVAA’s installed base now spans more than two million tons in more than 100 countries.
Learn how the YVAA chiller can reduce energy, noise and costs at your facility.