Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI): World & North America
Johnson Controls listed since September 2005
- DJSI World includes the top 10 percent of the world’s 2,500 largest companies ranked by sustainability performance in each DJSI sector.
- DJSI North America includes the top 20 percent of the 600 largest North American companies in terms of sustainability performance for each DJSI sector.
FTSE4Good Index Series (Financial Times Stock Exchange)
Johnson Controls listed since 2004
- Designed to measure the performance of companies that meet globally recognized corporate responsibility standards, and to facilitate investment in those companies.
- Companies selected for inclusion on a KLD index must meet specific environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance standards.
- Provides performance benchmarks, corporate accountability research and consulting services analogous to those provided by financial research service firms.
Global Climate 100 Index
Johnson Controls listed since 2005
- A specialty index that promotes investment in top 100 public companies that demonstrate the greatest potential for mitigating immediate and long-term causes of climate change.
Domini 400 Social Index
Johnson Controls listed since 2003
- A market capitalization-weighted common stock index of United States equities. Monitors the performance of 400 U.S. corporations that pass multiple, broad-based social screens.
Also included in the following KLD Indexes:
- Large Cap Social Index (sub-index of FTSE KLD) – Listed since 2010
- Large-Mid Cap Social Index (sub-index of FTSE KLD) – Listed since 2010
- North America Sustainability Index (NASI) – Listed since 2007
- Global Sustainability Index (GSIN) – Listed since 2007
- Dividend Achievers Social Index – Listed since 2006
- Select Social Index – Listed since 2004
- Catholic Values 400 Index – Listed since 2003
- Broad Market Social Index – Listed since 2002
Carbon Leadership Indexes
Johnson Controls listed in 2008 and 2010
- Global 500 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI)
- Global 500 Carbon Performance Leadership Index (CPLI)
- S&P 500 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index
- S&P 500 Carbon Performance Leadership Index
- The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) harnesses the collective power of corporations, investors and political leaders to accelerate unified action on climate change
- CDP represents 534 institutional investors with $64 trillion in assets
Calvert Social Index
Johnson Controls listed since February 2009
- Broad-based, rigorously constructed benchmark for measuring the performance of large, U.S.-based socially responsible companies
Maplecroft Climate Innovation Indexes
Johnson Controls listed since 2010
- Maplecroft CII Benchmark Index – Ranked 5th of 350 largest U.S. companies engaged in public climate-related programs
- Maplecroft CII Leaders Index – Ranked 5th of 100 top performing companies from the Maplecroft CII Benchmark Index
STOXX® Global ESG Leaders indices
Johnson Controls listed since 2011
- An innovative series of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) equity indices that are based on a completely transparent selection process
NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability Index
Johnson Controls listed since 2009
- An equally weighted equity index that includes companies that have taken a leadership role in disclosing their carbon footprint, energy usage, water consumption, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, employee safety, workforce diversity, management composition and community investing.