2014 J.D. Power Award
Johnson Controls and its partners rank highest in automotive seating industry with six J.D. Power 2014 overall satisfaction awards.
Johnson Controls was recently recognized in the J.D. Power 2014 Seat Quality and Satisfaction StudySM as the supplier providing the highest-quality seats in three out of seven vehicle segments – Luxury SUV, Mass Market Truck / Van and Mass Market Midsize / Large SUVs.
The company received six awards overall, three for Johnson Controls and three for its joint venture partners Avanzar Interior Technologies, Ltd. and Bridgewater Interiors.
"These awards demonstrate that our team at Johnson Controls is committed to providing automakers and their customers with the highest-quality seating products," said Byron Foster, group vice president and general manager, Customer Groups and Strategy for Johnson Controls Automotive Seating.
In the Luxury SUV segment, Johnson Controls, a global multi-industrial company, supplies the study's highest-ranking seats for the Land Rover Evoque and the Porsche Cayenne.
- The Evoque seats are manufactured at the company's Halewood, U.K. plant.
- The Cayenne seats are manufactured at the Lozorno, Slovakia plant.
Johnson Controls also ranked highest in a tie in the Mass Market Truck / Van segment with the seats it provides for the Ford F-150 Light Duty and the F-250/350 Super Duty trucks.
- The seats for the Ford F-250/350 trucks, which were highest in segment two years in a row, tied in 2014, are manufactured at Johnson Controls' Shelbyville, Ky. plant.
- The seats for the Toyota Tacoma and Tundra tied for highest in segment and are manufactured by Avanzar, a Johnson Controls joint venture in San Antonio, Texas.
- The Ford F-150 seats are manufactured by plants in both Riverside, Mo. and Bridgewater Interiors, a Johnson Controls joint venture, in Warren, Mich.
- The Ram 2500/3500 seats, manufactured in Derramadero, Mexico, placed fourth and fifth.
In the Mass Market Midsize / Large SUV segment, Johnson Controls ranked highest in the segment for Honda Pilot seats manufactured by Bridgewater Interiors in Oxford, Ala.
The 2014 J.D. Power Seat Quality and Satisfaction Study provides automotive manufacturers and suppliers with quality and satisfaction information related to automotive seating systems. New vehicle owners are asked to rate the quality of their vehicle's seats and seat belts based on whether or not they experienced defects / malfunctions or design problems during the first 90 days of ownership.
The study is based on responses from more than 86,000 purchasers and lessees of new 2014 model-year cars and light trucks. The study was conducted between February and May 2014.