Johnson Controls highlights award-winning sustainability and corporate responsibility in annual report
MILWAUKEE, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Johnson Controls, a global diversified company in the building and automotive industries, today announced the release of its latest online Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) sustainability report. The online report provides a detailed review of the company's environmental, social and governance performance over the past year.
The matrix builds upon the company's 2012 Business and Sustainability Report, which was released in January. The GRI reporting framework provides companies with a uniform and transparent set of metrics to systematically report on sustainability initiatives and results.
"For more than 125 years, Johnson Controls has offered products and services to help make our customers' businesses and operations more sustainable," said Charles A. Harvey, vice president of Diversity and Public Affairs at Johnson Controls. "We focus on our own environmental performance and community programs with the same discipline we apply to working with customers. The GRI matrix shows our long-term commitment to sustainability."
Over the past year, Johnson Controls was recognized with the following distinctions in sustainability and corporate citizenship:
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine ranked Johnson Controls #5 among the "100 Best Corporate Citizens."
- RobecoSAM, a sustainability investment asset management firm, rated the company with its Bronze Class sustainability rating in the auto parts and tires category in their annual Sustainability Yearbook.
- Ethisphere, a think-tank dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and sustainability, listed Johnson Controls for the seventh consecutive year as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies."
- Edison AwardsTM recognized Johnson Controls with a Bronze award in the Green Award category for our commitment to sustainability and innovation.
- Corporate Research Foundation Institute named Johnson Controls as a "China 2012 Top Employer" for excellence in human relations management.
The company's commitment to sustainability has earned it industry and community recognition around the world. It is listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and World Index, the MSCI KLD 400 Social Index, MSCI Global Climate 100 Index, the FTSE4Good Index Series, the Calvert Social Index and the Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index.
To view the GRI matrix and the 2012 Business and Sustainability Report, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/sustainability.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2012, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #5 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com.
Tel : +1 414-524-2733
SOURCE Johnson Controls