Johnson Controls to showcase advanced fire protection technology at NFPA Expo
Company’s unmatched portfolio of fire detection and suppression products delivers innovative and integrated solutions for commercial and industrial facilities
MILWAUKEE – (May 24, 2018) – Johnson Controls will unveil a new lineup of fire detection and suppression products at the 2018 NFPA Expo, June 11-13 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center (booth 1507) in Las Vegas.
These industry-leading solutions offer greater efficiency and effectiveness to help keep people and environments safe and protected. Products featured at the expo include:
- Autocall™ fire detection systems feature some of the latest and most advanced technology available today. With a full range of control panels and the industry’s latest addressable technology, Autocall systems are flexible enough to meet the unique challenges of nearly any project.
- Simplex ES Net IP-Based Life Safety Network greatly increases the speed and ease at which fire detection and life safety systems communicate and operate. Harnessing the power of IP technology, it offers data rates up to 100MB per second and a range of network connection choices including ethernet, DSL and fiber.
- Detect 360 Area of Refuge Communications System provides a reliable and effective code-compliant solution that enables occupants to remain safe and stay informed while delivering information rescuers need to get occupants evacuated quickly.
- ANSUL® Acoustic Nozzle, in combination with the INERGEN® clean-agent fire suppression system, is designed for use in server rooms and data centers where sound levels may affect sensitive hard disk drives. The ANSUL® Acoustic Nozzle recently received UL Verification for sound performance.
- UL will present a Verification award to Johnson Controls at 1:30 p.m. on June 12 at the UL booth #1531. UL and Johnson Controls representatives will be available for interviews following the ceremony.
- GRINNELL G-Fire One-Bolt Coupling is a pre-assembled, push-on coupling that has a revolutionary single-bolt design. It makes joining grooved pipe faster and eliminates alternate tightening – helping contractors perform quicker, more consistent installations.
- AquaMist water mist solutions reduce the amount of water required for fire suppression by producing a fine water mist designed to cool the surrounding area – limiting the spread of fire – while helping control active fires and preventing reignition.
- TYCO® continues to expand the portfolio of sprinkler system options that support storage environments. The TYCO® EG-25 Sprinkler Guard is the first FM-approved guard on the market. Coming soon, the TYCO® ESFR-22 will join the storage product line to support a ceiling height up to 45 feet.
- ANSUL® SAPPHIRE® PLUS fire suppression systems with 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid offer a safe, environmentally-friendly, clean agent that instantly vaporizes upon discharge to absorb heat, quickly suppress fires and provide complete flooding of hazard areas.
- The SPRAYSAFE Autonomous Fire Suppression System is a fully-automatic fire identification and intervention system designed to deliver rapid fire protection for the external facade of a building. The standalone system can quickly identify and accurately pinpoint the location of the fire and deliver water to that exact location within seconds. In addition, it may use the existing building fire protection infrastructure to minimize the need for additional water supplies, pipework and pumps.
“Johnson Controls is constantly developing new products and technologies for our customers in the fire protection industry,” said Bill Jackson, president, Global Products, Johnson Controls. “We are finding and testing better ways to protect environments and save lives with our innovations in fire detection and suppression systems.”
Johnson Controls fire protection experts will offer booth demonstrations of several products throughout the show, including the GRINNELL G-Fire One-Bolt Coupling and SPRAYSAFE Autonomous Fire Suppression System. For more information, visit Johnson Controls at booth 1507 at the NFPA Expo or go to http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/buildings/security-and-fire-safety.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions is making the world safer, smarter and more sustainable – one building at a time. Our technology portfolio integrates every aspect of a building – whether security systems, energy management, fire protection or HVACR – to ensure that we exceed customer expectations at all times. We operate in more than 150 countries through our unmatched network of branches and distribution channels, helping building owners, operators, engineers and contractors enhance the full lifecycle of any facility. Our arsenal of brands includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, PENN®, Sabroe®, Simplex® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @JCI_Buildings on Twitter.
# # #