Johnson Controls Digital Solutions and Open Innovation groups highlight future-focused security innovations at ISC West 2019
From False Alarm Reduction Service to drone technologies, company will showcase solutions for a smarter, safer world
MILWAUKEE (April 3, 2019) — Johnson Controls Digital Solutions and Open Innovation businesses will exhibit solutions and platforms that are driving the future of security at ISC West in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 10 through April 12. Cybersecurity, systems integration and data visualization were identified as the technologies that will have the biggest impact on the implementation of smart buildings over the next five years in the United States, according to Johnson Controls 2018 Energy Efficiency Indicator Survey. In booth #20005, the company will demonstrate how it is driving the transformation to help meet today’s needs and tomorrow’s challenges through future-focused, data-enabled technologies combined with expert knowledge to build more intelligent and secure environments.
Johnson Controls Digital Solutions works at the nexus of data and business to pull insights that allow for smarter buildings, increased efficiencies and new business value, and will showcase the following solutions:
- Assurance Services, a Software as a Service (SaaS)-based platform that inventories and monitors the performance and compliance of security assets to proactively detect and resolve problems. The platform identifies, maps and connects systems while analytics are applied to historical event data. The combination of these helps to deliver preventative service insights to maintain high availability and reliability of security assets. When problems are detected, a remote resolution team can automatically resolve issues in minutes, rather than days.
- False Alarm Reduction Service (FARS), cloud-based software that analyzes and identifies alarm patterns to deliver actionable insights to reduce false alarms and the associated costs. Ninety eight percent of false alarms are caused by system updates, the environment, updated system configurations, product or people changes, and even new corporate policy changes. This software leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to identify these false alarm triggers and help to stop the activities that trigger them. The fees for repeat false alarm activations can be significant for a company and burdensome for the employees and public resources who respond.
“Johnson Controls is pulling the future forward by transforming our customers’ portfolios to help them increase operational savings and enhance occupant experience,” said David Budzinski, vice president and general manager, global midmarket buildings, Digital Solutions. “Our Digital Solutions and Open Innovation groups are focused on creating new value for business owners by leveraging our knowledge of building technologies and combining that expertise with forward-looking, data-enabled solutions to help our customers create and maintain safer, smarter and more sustainable environments.”
Cutting-edge startups from Johnson Controls Open Innovation center – a global innovation center in Tel Aviv, Israel, were launched to foster collaboration between the company, customers and the startups to deliver effective solutions worldwide. The Open Innovation team will be onsite revealing new commercially available technologies as well as some still in the pilot stages or under development, including:
- Percepto, an autonomous drone solution for perimeter protection and securing facilities, including fence patrols, suspect detection and tracking, smoke detection, fire detection, and gas leak detection. The entire operation cycle is fully automatic with pre-defined schedules and no need for a human pilot.
- Convexum, proactive anti-drone technology that prevents intrusions into private airspace by automatically taking over and safely landing drones in a predetermined location.
- Securithings, software that monitors IoT enabled devices and activities in real-time to detect and mitigate cybersecurity threats.
- Indoor robotics, smart robot that operates indoors after-hours to run security and inspection missions, follow up on alerts, detect leaks and fires, patrol the indoor space, learn the environment and respond to various anomalies detected.
In addition to the innovative solutions that will be on display, Johnson Controls Vice President of Installation and Service, Susan Post, will join other female executives to discuss the growing need for gender diversity in security and how to empower the next group of industry leaders on the panel, Bridging the Gender Gap in the Security Industry on Tuesday, April 9 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. PST in Sands 101.
For more information about Johnson Controls Digital Solutions and the startups from Johnson Controls Open Innovation, join us at ISC West in booth #20005 or visit https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/digital and https://www.jcoi.tech.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions is making the world safer, smarter and more sustainable – one building at a time. Our technology portfolio integrates every aspect of a building – whether security systems, energy management, fire protection or HVACR – to ensure that we exceed customer expectations at all times. We operate in more than 150 countries through our unmatched network of branches and distribution channels, helping building owners, operators, engineers and contractors enhance the full lifecycle of any facility. Our arsenal of brands includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, PENN®, Sabroe®, Simplex® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @JCI_Buildings on Twitter.
# # #
Matter on behalf of Johnson Controls
Work + 1 978-518-4512
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641